Heard all about the wonders of window film but unsure where to start? Tried looking at window film and found yourself confused by the choices? Whether you're looking at applying film to your home or business premises, we're breaking down the options so you can make an informed decision.
People often talk about how much they enjoy their window film, but it can come in many varieties, each with unique properties designed to tackle a particular concern you have at home or work. We create bespoke films, but the first choice is the window film you want to apply.
Types of window film
While we call it window film, this is a bit of a misnomer; film can be applied to any glass surface in your home or business. You might want to include skylights, glass doors, or even glass-walled offices. Choose from any of our types of window film, and you don't have to opt for the same variety throughout your property. You can mix and match to get the effect you require.
Solar & UV window film
A popular choice across Atlantic Canada, our solar and UV window film is like applying sunscreen to your home or office! This window film blocks out up to 99% of the sun's devastating UV rays and up to 80% of the sun's heat and glare.
- Skin protection for you and your loved ones when indoors
- Dramatic reduction in fading and sun damage to your possessions
- Temperature moderation
Frosted & privacy window film
Frosted window film is a great way to add branding to your business premises or privacy to your home. From full panes of frosting in varying degrees to intricate designs you choose, this is a versatile option.
- Removes the need for blinds or curtains while giving instant privacy
- You can create a unique design for your home or business
- Bespoke level of frosting from light design to full bathroom-level privacy
Safety & Security window film
Security window film is rising in popularity for homes and businesses alike. This ultra-tough film keeps window glass locked in place in sometimes extreme circumstances while being almost imperceptible to the naked eye.
- Holds broken glass in place, greatly reducing injury risk
- Great defence against forcible entry from burglary or vandalism
- Increased safety in case of natural disasters
Bird Collision window film
Nature lovers will have heard about the massive upswing in bird-window collisions across Canada in recent years. This window film has been created specifically to reduce the risk of bird collision with your windows through a pattern that helps birds to recognize the glass as a barrier.
- Window collisions kill 16 to 42 million birds a year, but you won't be a part of that statistic
- Can be combined with other window films to stack benefits
- Feel good about your choice to help mother nature
Choosing a type of window film
Now you've seen the varieties of window film we offer, it's time for you to choose the best option for your home or business. We are happy to give you more detail on any of our film types and explain how they could work for you.
With more than 40 years of experience and happy customers across the Maritimes, you can trust us to fit the perfect film with professionalism and a smile.
Think window film; think Maritime Window Film Specialists.